EC-Council Certified Penetration Tester or CPENT Certification course helps security professionals develop advanced knowledge about ethical hacking. While a basic-level Certified Ethical Hacking course will help you learn the theoretical background of hacking, the CPENT course will give you practical knowledge of tackling complex issues that breach a company’s information security. You will learn how to use multiple hacking techniques and tools and analyse their results. As you go through this blog, you will learn more about the key advantages of this course.
What Background Knowledge Do You Need to Enrol in the Course?
EC-Council Certified Penetration Tester course is specifically designed for information security professionals who are well experienced in this field. However, freshly graduated ethical hackers can also enrol in this course. Both these candidates can take this course to improve and test their skills to perform effective penetration testing.
Note that you cannot enrol in this course without prior knowledge about ethical hacking. So, completing a CEH course is the basic requirement.
It is often found that candidates with experience in penetrating testing but no CEH certificate want to know whether they are eligible for the course. Because the CEH course covers many penetration testing aspects, it is always recommended to complete the mentioned training before enrolling in the CPENT course online or on-campus.
Here is a complete list of target audiences for this course.
- Penetration testers
- Ethical hackers
- Firewall administrators
- Network server administrators
- System administrators
- Security testers
- Risk assessment professionals
Why Should You Join the CPENT Certification Course?
Joining a CPENT Certification course is necessary for the following reasons.
- The course structure is designed by the top experts in the information industry and provides training to experienced candidates. When top industry experts design the curriculum, the learning will be centred around the latest industry norms.
- In the professional sector, pen-testing certification professionals get immense respect because of their skills and vast experience. Thus, upon completion, you will be able to find jobs in some of the leading organisations.
- You will learn how to analyse the results yielded by the security testing techniques and tools and get valuable suggestions regarding mitigation of future risks.
What Topics Are Covered?
The CPENT course usually covers:
- Introduction to penetration testing
- OSINT (Open-Source Intelligence)
- Penetration testing scoping and engagement
- Social engineering penetration testing
- Network penetration testing – internal
- Network penetration testing – external
- Network penetration testing – perimeter devices
- Wireless penetration testing
- Web application penetration testing
- IoT penetration testing
- Cloud penetration testing
- Binary analysis and exploitation
- OT/SCADA (Operational Technology/Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) penetration testing
- Report writing and post-testing actions
How Long Will You Have to Attend Classes?
Whether you enrol in the online or in-person module in a top-rated hackers’ training school, the classes will be held on weekends only. Usually, this course takes about 6 to 7 weekends to complete.
Should You Go Online or In-person?
Whatever module you choose for your CPENT Certification, you will receive the best education on penetration testing methods. However, the online module has some added benefits. Besides saving time and money, you can enjoy immense flexibility and access to recorded study materials and classes. While making the final decision, consider your personal circumstances.